If you’re currently working on a book, we can offer you a
professional evaluation via our Manuscript Evaluation Service.
The Canadian Authors Association provides a Manuscript Evaluation Service through our talented members who are professional authors themselves with years of experience.
The platform offers writers with advice regarding their
manuscripts. The detailed evaluation involves:
- Comments regarding the content of the book. The comments may include characterization, setting, believability, dialogue, and research. Note that the comments are not restricted to the above.
- Comments on the book’s writing technique. Here, comments are made on the style and technical ability. The comments may include other aspects.
- Steps taken to develop the manuscript.
- Answers to any three specific questions suggested by the author.
- The book you are submitting should
have a twelve-point size, double spacing, and must be easy to read. Also, it
should have a one-inch margin on the white pages.
- On a different sheet of paper, add
a list of three precise questions which you want the evaluator to tackle. This
- All submissions must be typed.
Hand-written submissions are unacceptable.
- If you will be making your
submission by mail and would like to receive your manuscript back, include a
self-address envelope with sufficient postage.
One to ten-page submissions: $125 + HST= $141.25
A full manuscript: the first ten pages will be charged at $125 +
$2 per page + HST
One to ten pages will be charged at $125 + HST= $141.25
The maximum submission is
ten poems. For every new poem above 10, you will be charged $10 per poem.
Submit Your Manuscript
can be made online or through a mail. The manuscript evaluation takes between
five and eight weeks depending on the length of your submission.